Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Summer + Work = Does Not Compute

It's that time of year where students across America realize that they haven't actually started any of their summer packets yet and school is going to start up again in less than two weeks (we try not to think too much about the 'school is going to start' part).

Since I'm a chronic procrastinator, I hadn't even looked at the summer packets let alone completed them. So of course today I ended up desperately trying to remember all the things I'd worked so hard to forget over the summer. Plotting an exponential equation? That information is blocked out by the glorious week this summer when I discovered Attack On Titan (it's an anime). Conjugating verbs in spanish? Obliterated by my family's vacation to San Francisco.

This basically means I have to rely on my trusty friend Google in order to have any hope of completing  the summer packets. I've asked Alfred, my fuzzy pink alpaca, for help but he just sort of sits there and looks cute. And then my parents ask me why I'm talking to a stuffed animal, which is followed by a long discussion about why "For the last time Mom, I don't need any therapy! I'm perfectly stable!"

Point being, summer packets are boring and it's a lot of work re-teaching yourself a year's worth of Algebra 2 with only Google to help.

Also I could be doing a lot more interesting things, like watching paint dry. It's a hobby of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment