Monday, September 2, 2013

Nina's Top Ten Book List

After completing this list, I will undoubtably remember a book I should have put on it. This is also the reading taste of a fifteen year old girl who likes to write stories about zombies, so keep that in mind.

1. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green- My all time favorite book written by my all time favorite author. If you haven't heard of John Green, go read ALL OF HIS BOOKS. I mean it. ALL OF THEM. They are funny and heartwarming and amazing. You should also check out his YouTube channel with his brother Hank Green at http://www.youtube.com/user/vlogbrothers.

2. Hero by Perry Moore- Basically the coolest premise ever because who doesn't love superheroes?

3. Tithe by Holly Black- An urbanized fantasy book which caused me to literally sit down and not put the book down until I had finished reading it three hours later. I didn't even take bathroom breaks. That's dedication.

4. Eon by Alison Goodman- A fantasy novel with asian influence, sort of Mulan-esque.

5. Graceling by Kristin Cashore- Another book which I could not put down, and another fantasy novel. I really love fantasy novels, okay?

6. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver- The main character repeats the day of her death over and over until she finally gets it right. I listened to this as an audio book and ended up curling up in bed crying by the end of it.

7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- Told in the point of view of Death, it takes place during the Holocaust, and is the kind of book that really makes you love words.

8. The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan- If you have not read this book yet, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WITH YOUR LIFE? This series is hilarious and action-packed and there are a ton of sequels.

9. Divergent by Veronica Roth- A dystopian novel. The way the character's emotions are described is amazing.

10. The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman- I read this book with my dad. It really freaked me out at the time, but looking back it was a really good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment