Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Good Riddance, Braces

Good news, blog minions! I got my braces off today!

If you've never had braces before, I hate you and I hope you step on a lego barefoot.

Just kidding, I don't hate you. But the pain of braces is a lot like stepping on a lego barefoot. Only in your mouth. Sort of.

Point being, I am finally free from the torturous metal contraptions that plagued a good two years of my life. 

Of course, the pain isn't over yet. I now have to wear a retainer 24/7, which turns all my 's' sounds into 'sh' sounds. For example, If I were to say, "It is supposed to be super sunny on saturday," it would come out more like, "It ish shupposhed to be shuper shunny on shaturday." 

Basically, I've been avoiding words with 's' in them at all costs. This means "It is supposed to be super sunny on saturday" turns into "The final day of the week will have a lot of light." 

Do you know how hard it is to construct a sentence without plural nouns or the word 'is'?

Pretty darn hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment