Friday, September 13, 2013

Lights Out


Can it be? A Friday story that's not creepy? It exists and you're welcome:

“Hello? Is anyone there?”

“Hi.”

“Oh, um, hi. Do you know how to turn the lights on?”

“No.”

“Uh… Who is this?”

“Damien.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

“…”

“…”

“Well this is awkward.”

“Let’s just find a light switch, okay?”

“Look, man, I’m sorry-“

“Save it.”

“Damien-“

“Just shut up and find the freaking switch, Will.”

“The power’s not working.”

“Crap.”

“And the door’s stuck.”

“Double crap.”

“…”

“...”

“I’m really sorry, Damien. Okay? But I stopped hanging out with those guys now and-“

“And what? You’re reformed now? You’ve dropped out of the let’s-shove-people-into-lockers club so all of a sudden you’re a good guy? It doesn’t work like that, Will!”

“If it means anything, I also apologized to Claire.”

“…”

“…”

“The power came on.”

“I noticed.”

“And that wasn’t a door I was trying to open.”

“…”

“Well, bye, I guess.”

“Wait- Will-“

“What?”

“Thanks for apologizing to Claire.”

“I don't deserve it... but you're welcome.”

No comments:

Post a Comment