Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Nina's Patented Cure-All System

I'm sure you've been anxiously waiting for a blog post these past few days but I haven't been able to post something for one simple, tragic reason.

I am sick.

My throat hurts, my nose is stuffed up, I have a headache, I can't stop coughing, and I feel an ominous sense of foreboding that my death is near.

Which brings me to Nina's Patented Cure-All System!

You will need:
1. Warm milk with honey
2. Pity from friends and family
3. A big ugly (but incredibly comfortable) sweatshirt
4. Books one through seven of Harry Potter
5. A Disney princess movie of your choice (I prefer Mulan)

Allow yourself to recline on your bed while wearing your ugly sweatshirt, as you sip warm milk and allow sympathetic family members to supply your every need, from an endless supply of tissues to a thermometer to measure your grievously high temperature. Entertain yourself by gradually making your way through all seven Harry Potter books. If you get tired of reading, have your sympathy-servants play a classic Disney movie for you on your TV. You'll feel better without any effort at all!

1 comment:

  1. You may actually want to avoid the milk, as it promotes mucus generation and will create more gunk in your throat.

    ReplyDelete